Looking for a recipe that is as hot
This is a recipe you can feel good about too as it is loaded with nutritional content. Tomatoes contain lycopene, phytoene, and phytofluene, which are all anti-cancer compounds. Cilantro meanwhile, is high in antioxidants and aids in ridding the body of toxins. As an added benefit, the capsaicin found in the jalapeño pepper has been shown to speed up the metabolism, while encouraging weight loss. And, for the best part of all… this salsa will take you less than 5 minutes to make!
Easy-Peasy Blender Salsa
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 2 cups chopped fresh (preferably cherry or grape variety, as they will be less watery) or canned tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cut in half and seeded (you can leave the seeds in, if you want the salsa to be extra spicy!)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt (add more if you like!)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, with the exception of ½ cup of tomatoes.
- Blend until relatively smooth, with a few chunks remaining.
- Add the reserved tomatoes, and pulse only once or twice more so that the finished salsa has some texture to it.
- Serve with corn chips or your favorite vegetables!
What are your favorite ways to eat salsa?