Spinach has been deemed “one of the healthiest foods in the world” as it contains calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, folate, and significant amounts of vitamins A and K. Phew! That’s a lot of nutrition for one leafy green!
In addition to lowering blood pressure, promoting regularity, and giving you healthy skin and hair, spinach also supports bone health.
Here, spinach is the base for a shake recipe made of all things green. Honeydew melon gives this drink an extra shot of potassium, while adding vitamins B-6 and C to the mix. The last ingredient to go in is a green apple… and you know what they say about apples. This shake will definitely keep the doctor away!
Recipe: All Green Shake
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 1 11-ounce container coconut water
- 1 cup washed baby spinach
- ½ cup chopped honeydew melon
- 1 sliced green apple with the core removed
- Handful of ice
- Ground flax meal or chia seeds, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
What do you love to add into your smoothie recipes?