Calcium is an essential mineral that is helpful in maintaining strong bones. In the wintertime, especially, when slips and falls are more frequent, ensuring a diet high in calcium rich foods is important. Kale and sesame seeds are two such sources, and in combination in this recipe, pack a powerful punch.
Keep strong and healthy this season – and on top of your healthy resolutions – while enjoying the flavors of kale, sesame, and ginger in this salad recipe!
Simple Sesame Kale Salad Recipe (Serves 4)
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 1, 1.5 pound bag baby kale or 1 large head curly kale, chopped
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
- Place the kale in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk all of the remaining recipe ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the kale, and mix to thoroughly combine. If you like, you can “massage” the kale and the dressing with your hands, to tenderize it.
- Serve plain for a simple treat, or add orange or pineapple segments on top for some tropical flair.
What’s your go-to salad recipe?